ReNEWed COVENANT Ministry
SABBATH BIBLE STUDY
Compiled by JS LOWTHER
(continuation from: A Community of Election and Order)
Honor (value) thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which YHWH thy God giveth thee.
Our last message laid an adequately starting point for these foundational and fundamental principles of Law and Governance :
• God is creator of all and thus Law maker and giver
• God creator Adam originally to live by His Law
• Adam Created his own law thereby sinning against God’s Law
• Adam’s sin was a lust for the Godhead
• Adam’s first degenerated nature is seen in his executed lust for Godhead (Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived /sprouted, it bringeth forth/ bears fruit of sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. )
• Physical and Spiritual degeneration is part of the death proclaimed upon Adam’s rebellion, to be driven away from the face of God.
• Thus, Adam is a rebel against God the creator and God the Lawgiver
• By Adam’s sin all creation is fallen, especially Adam’s sons are fallen
• Adam Man continues to lust for God’s status as lawgiver, which he is allowed to show himself by, either by disobedience to God’s commands or obedience to it.
• Man lusts for God’s status as Creator, but is disallowed by force of reality imposed upon him by God to know this is his limitation as a creature and not a creator
• The degradation of law is rebel man’s only way to continue in his lust filled rebellion to attempt a usurpation of the Godhead because he has no power to truly war against it
• Man’s perversion of evident reality is his only way to make an attempt on usurping the creator. It is not that man may ever be the original creator, but that if he may pretend to be ‘self existent’ then he may achieve a feeling of being the creator.
• Man will use his ideals of Law to enforce his pretend usurpation of the Creator, to make it as much a reality as possible.
The Redemption of Gen_3:15
• God authored the Seed of the woman (the Seed), and faith in his power over death and his obedience to God’s Law to promise redemption to Adam and all creation by Grace.
• For this cause Redeemed Adam’s Law has the ability to please God with an observation of Law. By closely aligning Government to God’s Law, as a Redeemed Men we may achieve by use of the revelation and authority of scripture a help in limiting death’s reign. ( Rom_5:14 )
• It is the job of the Government of the Faithful to keep the Law of God as the pinnacle of perfection in what is Holy, Just and Good, thought this perfect Law of God shows Adam as sold under sin, it is by this perfect standard he is to aim his desire as redeemed and regenerated in Christ.
• The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 1Co_15:56
1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
• God is Creator and Law maker and Law giver
• The natural order is God’s Creation
• The Natural order as made by God is Created to be Governed by God’s Law
• God created man and woman to procreate children
• Children naturally value parents as infants
• Children are Commanded to honor or value their father’s and Mother’s beyond natural infancy
• This value is the basis of Government under God within the family structure created by God as established in the 5th commandment of Israel’s Law
• As families grow and multiply, Government must grow and multiply
• Government must be established upon the Law giver and creator.
Family creation is therefore established by nature and unaffected by the fall, even animals have a parental order they follow, even if it be by nature. So do men, so long as there is a law higher than man, even pagans and agnostics have a moral responsibility to the family order in a general sense.
The affect of the fall is seen in the death of governance by the dishonor of father and mother, and the government order that honors patriarchy and matriarchy via Theonomy (God’s Law) as well as the governance that establishes the Law heritage and inheritance in the receiving of Sons and Daughters.
In the Giving of the 10 commandments God gives to Israel the perfect revelation of the Government principles all the Law of God throughout the whole bible is based on:
Within this Law we have the 5th commandment:
Exo_20:12 Honour or value thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
The type of Honor here spoken of is the same honor we find in the value of money, especially silver, or gold, or copper- a precious metal or honored metal that was weighed. Unlike our non-intrinsic paper credit and electronic credit that in fact breaks the definition of ‘money’ historically, in the bible and any civilized society, unlike that, biblical money has a value beyond what the present government puts on it by it’s stamp or printing or electronic signature.
Money, like beef, flour, sugar, salt was valued it was honored for its purity and weight. Ones parents are no different in this way in the 10 commandments.
The commandment tells the child who was naturally generated to look back at Mother and Father as a valuable object of wealth.
When we see Israel of the days of Moses hearing this, they are looking Back at there forefathers:
Noe, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and remembering that our fathers from the beginning, even that they all married wives of their own kindred, and were blessed in their children for their seed shall inherit the land.
The Israelites as this is given to them, but as it was given to Adam no differently, were to esteem, value and honor their parentage, Adam was the son of God formed of the dust, thus his honor is to value the Spirit of God within him, and to value the way he was generated as flesh and bone no differently. And so as we here our father Adam say of his God given wife Eve ‘this is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh’ we see a total recognition of the value or esteem Man gives to a wife of his own flesh and bone, of his own kind, kindred and people from the beginning.
We see Abraham Taking Sarah with him from his father’s house and from the people of Haran, as both Sarah and Abram share the hope of the promise together from the God who made Adam from dust, so the age of these two Elders of gray hair was not a problem for God, and so Abraham the Father of Faith counted righteousness and Sarah the mother of Laughter in the promise of God together shared in the spirit of Grace, Isaac was brought a woman from his father’s home land even his own cousin Rebecca to be his wife rather than take a wife from the Canaanites in whose land he lived, this was not just a value of faith in the spirit within but a value of her stock and family, if it were not a wiling Canaanite girl would have made a fine wife for Isaac, but the value of quality was not sought from that polluted people, nor was it sought again when Jacob is specifically instructed
Gen_28:2 And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan…. but to rather Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother’s father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother’s brother.
And to this instruction even the fornicator Esau found a place of hope,
Gen_28:6 When Esau saw that Isaac had blessed Jacob, and sent him away to Padanaram, to take him a wife from thence; and that as he blessed him he gave him a charge, saying, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan… Then went Esau unto Ishmael, and took unto the wives which he had Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael Abraham’s son to be his wife.”
It is in this story of Jacob and Isaac we see our first glimpse of the language of the 5th commandment translated into obedience,
Gen_28:7 And that Jacob obeyed his father and his mother, and was gone to Padanaram;
that is he heard these words in his heart mind and soul.
Do you see what makes these parents valuable?
It is not just the stock they are of which they are active in preserving, it is the obedience it commands from the heart of the child.
When Israel on Sinai heard the words of the 5th commandment they knew these stories and especially this quality of value, esteem and honor was the Godly form of this law all the way back to the Great mystery of the church in Eph_5:32 :
Gen_2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Eph_5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
Eph 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
Eph 6:3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
This is the foundation of the church’s government as the called out community of holy ones.
Parents united to Christ together in spirit and in a bond of flesh and bone in the body (a kinistic family) with the full intention to produce children that obey father and mother to inherit the earth.
And if Children Value their father and mother a promise of inheritance is attainable “That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. ”
So what do we have as the pattern of the holy community or Government?
We have first an apparent recognition that the obedience valuing, and honoring parents through godly instruction, particularly as seen in marriage is among the chief concerns of Godly stock who’s substance is valuable and honorable.
This rule of Biblical law functions as a form of a truism: those who value their parents, value their children’s inheritance.
Those who forsake to obey the commandments of God which come by the mouth of parents and elders in regards to Godly Spiritual and bodily marriage are fornicators like Esau:
Heb_12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
Heb 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
Heb 12:17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place to change his mind, though he sought it carefully with tears.
These as well will have no use of the Godly instruction of Scripture concerning the rest their parents instruction or to regard a Government based on the God’s magisterium of the Family Order .
Directly after the 10 commandments are given in Ex 20, the very next chapter contains these judgments which were set before Israel:
Exo_21:15 …he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
Exo_21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
These are organic principles, natural order that is fortified with moral Law to be upheld as the Law of Life for a Godly Nation.
A people that strike their parents or who curse them are not Godly. Even if father or mother are wicked or living unlawfully, a Christian will never cross these lines, not only for fear of God (which is foremost of all fears), but in a Godly society this is a literal Judgment on the law book, this is treason and sedition against the government of God’s order, and thus infinitely more damning than treason against any president, Cesar, or dictator.
Exo_22:28 Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the Head of thy people.
is but an extension of this general Parental honor to be further applied to the Head of thy people (father, grandfather, g, grandfather as well as the Presbyterian Archos, the Elders of your family and other’s families that are ordained to the elected and anointed order of the Presbytery , in scripture these men are seen often as the Elders who sat at the gate of their respective land and city, Elders ordained for your people, and the people you are covenanted to.
Lev_19:3 , says it simply thus, “Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my sabbaths: I am the LORD your God. “
Later in this same chapter we further see:
G4245 Presbuter: (elderly); older, old one
Lev_19:32 Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man/ πρεσβυτερων, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.
When Moses spoke the words of the Lord first in Egypt when the Lord appeared to Him and proclaimed his purposes.
In Exo_17:5 for fore Jethro the Elders:
And the LORD said unto Moses, Go on before the people, and take with thee of the elders G4245 of Israel; and thy rod, wherewith thou smotest the river, take in thine hand, and go.
Exo 18:10 And Jethro said, Blessed be the LORD, who hath delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of Pharaoh, who hath delivered the people from under the hand of the Egyptians.
Exo 18:11 Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them.
Exo 18:12 And Jethro, Moses’ father in law, took a burnt offering and sacrifices for God: and Aaron came, and all the elders G4245 of Israel, to eat bread with Moses’ father in law before God.
For any who need proof that the Presbyterial order of Elders was the long standing cultural norm of Israel which God ordained, the case is shut at this point.