“for God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew; that is, another son in his room; and by calling him a “seed”, she may have respect unto the promised seed, whom she once thought Cain was, or however expected him in his line, as being the firstborn; but he proving a wicked man, and having slain his brother Abel, on whom her future hope was placed, has another son given her, and substituted in his room, in whom, and in whose family, the true religion would be preserved, and from whom the Messiah, the promised seed, would spring.” – John Gill Continue reading
- Why the Law? Pt. 2 So that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
- Why The Law? Pt. 1 All Have Sinned
- Pt.5 Of Endurance and Guaranteed Inheritance by the Spirit
- The Simplicity of the Gospel Part. 4 The Repentance of a Renewed Mind, Baptism and a Newness of life
- Announcement of the 4th Moonth